Subject: [Boost-users] Help istalling Boost python binding
From: Danilo Tomasoni (tomasoni_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-28 06:18:30

2008/9/26 David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]>

> on Fri Sep 26 2008, "Danilo Tomasoni" <tomasoni-AT-fbk.eu> wrote:
>
> > Dear all.
> > I have some problems installing this fantastic libraries..
> > I have downloaded the svn version (revision 338) and the 0.9 relased
> version,
> > but either haven't a setup.py file that work.
> > In bindist/ folder, there is a setup.py file, that try to install all
> files in
> > bin/*
> > directory..
> > but this folder does not exists! in bindist folder exists only setup.py
> file.
> >
> > So.. how can I install python bindings for boost on my fedora 9 machine??
> > Thank you for advice!
>
> Please work your way through
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_36_0/more/getting_started/index.html; it
> should help. Please also note that Boost doesn't include Python
> bindings for every library in the collection.

Many thanks David for your advice!
I have tried to follow your advice but I have encountered a little problem,
and I can't find the solution on documentation.

When I tried to install bgl-python-0.9 (boost.graph bindigs)
I retrieved this error:

[root_at_ciropom bgl-python-0.9]bjam
--build-dir=/home/ciropom/Scaricati/bgl-python-0.9/ --toolset=gcc
--build-type=complete stage
Unable to load Boost.Build: could not find "boost-build.jam"
Attempted search from /home/ciropom/Scaricati/bgl-python-0.9 up to the root
and in these directories from BOOST_BUILD_PATH and BOOST_ROOT:
/usr/share/boost-build.

So how can I load correctly Boost.Build?

The documentation speak only about a "IO streams library error", and in this
case it isn't the problem.

The documentation recommend to ask in mailing list..
I hope that you can help me...

Many thanks for the time you spent for me!

Tomasoni Danilo

--
http://ciropom.homelinux.net
L'apprendere molte cose, non insegna l'intelligenza.