Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Thread] Not able to compile a program with Thread library on ARM
From: Matthew L. Creech (mlcreech_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-28 16:57:18

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 4:18 AM, Rudi Dittrich <rudid_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi Matthew,
>
> I compiled boost thread with your patch but I got lots of compilation errors. Maybe I haven't set-up my boost environment
> correctly. So could you please give me some further details / advices on your compilation setting (flags, etc.) and how I have to compile the thread library.

Hi Rudi. I've no idea about the ARM-specific patches, I just did the
minimal amount necessary to get Boost to build for an ARM-Linux
target. What errors do you get when you try to build with the patch I
sent earlier?

For comparison, I'm using a custom built toolchain (gcc-4.3.2,
eglibc-2.8, binutils 2.18), and I didn't do anything too special to
build Boost (other than the hacks needed to do any cross-compilation
at all). From my Makefile:

        cd boost_$(BOOST_VERSION) && \
        ./configure --prefix="$(PREFIX)" --with-libraries=$(WITH_LIBS) && \
        VER="`$(CC) -dumpversion`" && \
        echo "using gcc : $$VER : $(CC) ;" > user-config.jam

then just "make install" to build & install. I also tried your test
program from the original email, and it builds fine for me (I don't
have a target to try running it on right now). In addition to the one
patch I sent before, there were 2 others (both extremely minor) that I
needed to prevent build issues with the library or with client code.
I'll attach all 3 in case that helps at all.

--
Matthew L. Creech