Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Simple telnet client demonstration with boost asio asynchronous I/O
From: Roland Bock (rbock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-29 05:32:50

Hi Jeff,

thanks, I am going to dive into Boost::Asio myself, soon, and will come
back to your example then :-)

Just wondering (while being aware, that this is not a fully fledged
telnet client):
I tried to connect to localhost, port 23. There is no service running,
so I would have expected the program to terminate (it terminates when I
specify a host which does not exist). I even sent 800MB of XML data into
the program. It did not complain and wrote it to Nirvana, I guess :-)

Regards,

Roland