Subject: [Boost-users] [Boost-user] bjam and env var
From: Jérémie Fouché (jeremie.fouche_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-30 03:39:52

 Hi everybody

I'm creating python modules with boost, and I'm using bjam to compile them
(because, as written in the doc, it is the easiest way to compile python
module created with boost.python). Actually, my jam script is specific to my
directory structure.

If I want to change my directory structure, or shared my project with
someone who haven't the same directory structure (which is always the case),
my jam files need to be changed.

My jam files are at the end of this post.

I tried to use environment variables without success. If I create a
BOOST_ROOT env var, I can't use it in my JamRoot file, because $(BOOST_DIR)
is always empty.
I also tried to create a var in my user-config.jam, but the var isn't
visible in my JamRoot file.

So, here are my questions :
1 - Is there a good way to do this ?
2 - I didn't find exactly what is boost-build.jam for, have you an
explanation ?

Thanks

boost-build.jam :
boost-build /_Perso/projets/lib/boost_1_36_0/tools/build/v2 ;

JamRoot :
wx = /_Perso/projets/lib/wxWidgets2.8 ;

# Specify the path to the Boost project. If you move this project,
# adjust this path to refer to the Boost root directory.
use-project boost
  : ../../../../lib/boost_1_36_0 ;

# Set up the project-wide requirements that everything uses the
# boost_python library from the project whose global ID is /boost/python.
project
  : requirements <library>/boost/python//boost_python ;

# Declare the extension module.
python-extension gui
  : gui.cpp
  : <include>$(wx)/include
    <include>$(wx)/lib/gcc_dll/mswu
    <define>__GNUWIN32__
    <define>__WXMSW__
    <define>WXUSINGDLL
    <define>wxUSE_UNICODE
    <library-file>$(wx)/lib/gcc_dll/libwxmsw28u.a
  ;

--
Jérémie