Subject: [Boost-users] build variant output directory
From: Sebastian Hauer (sebastian.hauer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-02 11:50:36

Hello,
I was just wondering if there is some way of defining a variant's
build output directory. The current build output directory nesting is
just to deep for my project. Since I only have one debug variant and
one release variant having a simple build output directory like:

bin/debug
bin/release

would completely suffice. But instead boost build insists on storing
everything in directories based on the selected feature set:

bin\msvc-8.0\debug\threading-multi
bin\msvc-8.0\release\debug-symbols-on\threading-multi

Also notice the additional debug-symbols-on in the release build path
since I selected to enable debug symbols for release builds.

Regards,
Sebastian