Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Cross-compile Boost, python include path problem
From: Kim Barrett (kab.conundrums_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-05 00:25:13

At 2:22 PM +0200 10/3/08, raoul wrote:
>I googled a bit, and it seems that this problem is because libboost_python was
>not compiled with the same python version than the one I've corsscompiled
>with.
>
>And this is the problem. When reading the boost compilation log:
>"i686-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc" -ftemplate-depth-128 -O3
>-finline-functions -Wno-inline -Wall -fPIC -pthread
>-DBOOST_ALL_NO_LIB=1 -DBOOST_PYTHON_SOURCE -DNDEBUG -I"."
>-I"/usr/include/python2.5" -c -o
>"bin.v2/libs/python/build/gcc-calaos/release/threading-multi/dict.o"
>"libs/python/src/dict.cpp"
>
>bjam is using the host include path for python (the -I/usr/include/python2.5
>option), and this is wrong. How can I force bjam to use
>${ROOTFS_DIR}/usr/include/python2.5 for python include path, instead of the
>one of my host system?

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_36_0/libs/python/doc/building.html
Section 5.1 Python Configuration Parameters

For cross-compilation, what has worked for me is for the cmd-or-prefix to
be the runtime prefix while includes and libraries point to the appropriate
places in the cross-compile environment, which are typically completely
different from the runtime prefix.