Subject: [Boost-users] [Serialization] Understanding the magic behing serialization through base pointer
From: Sebastian.Karlsson_at_[hidden]
Date: 2008-10-05 16:37:26

Hi,

I'm trying to understand how the magic works for serializing an object
through a base pointer. I see that a type id object is stored to be
able to use a string id to look it up at runtime. Some of the real
magic however seems to happen in oserializer, which is able to match a
templated archive to a registered type. I think I understand the
basics of it. The really weird thing, which I think is the key to
instantiating all the variations of serialize() and all the known
archives is in register_archive.hpp. I'd love a more detailed
explanation how that part actually works.

// Sebastian Karlsson