Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Python] rule python-extension unknown
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-09 12:54:10

AMDG

Robert MacHardy wrote:
> Boost Users,
>
> I am still getting the rule python-extension unknown error.
> Bjam is using the user-config.jam file in "C:\Program
> Files\boost\boost_1_36_0\tools\build\v2". I have the file configured as
> follows:
>
> using msvc : 7.1 ;
> using python : 2.6 : "C:/Program Files/Python26";
>
> I have tried configuring the file like this with and without the
> quotation marks, forward slashes, backslashes, a trailing slash in the
> "using python" line. If I put a directory that doesn't even exist in
> the "using python" line, nothing changes, which I would hope to see a
> crash on that.

I presume that you are running bjam from
C:\Program Files\boost\boost_1_36_0\libs\python\example\tutorial
What exactly is the command that you are using?
Can you post the output with --debug-configuration?

The relevant line in my user-config.jam is
  using python : 2.5 : "C:/Program Files/Python25" ;
So your python initialization should work.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe