Subject: [Boost-users] Boost.log suggestions
From: Ray Burkholder (ray_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-11 21:24:40

For building Andrey Semashev's boost.log from 2008/10/1 cvs with:

bjam --toolset=msvc variant=debug,release threading=multi link=static
--with-log define=BOOST_LOG_USE_CHAR stage

I find that in formatter_parser.cpp and init_from_stream.cpp, I need to
change from:

#if !defined(BOOST_MSVC) || _MSC_VER > 1310
    friend class log::aux::lazy_singleton< formatters_repository< CharT > >;
#else
    friend class base_type;
#endif

//#if !defined(BOOST_MSVC) || _MSC_VER > 1310
// friend class log::aux::lazy_singleton< formatters_repository< CharT >
>;
//#else
    friend class base_type;
//#endif

That is to say that the msvc compiler (VS 2005), does not like the
log::aux..... line.

It also may be useful to update the documentation
(http://boost-log.sourceforge.net/libs/log/doc/html/log/installation.html)
slightly:
1) put in a link to where the library can be downloaded (I used
http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=199644 for cvs)
2) indicate that the cvs subdirectory /boost-log/boost/log should be placed
in boost_x_xx_x/boost/
3) indicate that the cvs subdirectory /boost-log/libs/log should be placed
in boost_x_xx_x/libs/
4) If one uses a define such as BOOST_LOG_USE_CHAR in the 'bjam', does one
also need to include it as a define in user code, or is somehow
automagically applied to user code? What does it default to if neither
BOOST_LOG_USE_CHAR or BOOST_LOG_USE_WCHAR_T are used? What should be used
if user code is being compiled with out unicode?

--
Scanned for viruses and dangerous content at
http://www.oneunified.net and is believed to be clean.