Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Error:" Non-const function called for const object" on Sun CC while using boost::multi_index::multi_index_container
From: JOAQUIN M. LOPEZ MUÑOZ (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-12 11:26:04

De: Alexander Vinokur [Alexander.Vinokur_at_[hidden]]
Enviado el: domingo, 12 de octubre de 2008 8:44
Para: boost-users_at_[hidden]
CC: JOAQUIN M. LOPEZ MUÑOZ

> Hi Joaquín,
>
> I was out of office several days. Sorry.
> So, I send my reply today.

No problem at all :)

> I don't have permissions to change something under /boost.

Maybe you can still perform the test by doing the following:

  1 Create a local folder structure more or less like this:

    ~alex/boost_patch/boost/detail

  and copy there the allocator_utilities.hpp modified file I sent you previously.

  2 When compiling your multi-index example add a compiler option (or
  IDE setting, etc.) so that ~alex/boost_patch/ is added to the list of
  include directories *and* takes precedence over the official copy of Boost.

If you finally manage to do the test please report back your results.

> But here other test I did:
[example core snipped]

I take this a sufficient evidence that the patch should work, so I went ahead
and added it to the trunk:

  http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/49289

If nothing wrong happens with the patch, it'll be shipped with Boost 1.38.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo