Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Apple iPod uses Boost
From: Robert Marion (rob_marion1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-18 16:13:15

> From: Gennaro Prota

> Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Apple iPod uses Boost
>
> Well, of course Boost isn't the only library using the Boost
> Software License. And, are they distributing the sources?
> Otherwise I don't see why reproducing the license.

I haven't seen the Boost License being used outside of Boost, although certainly the license can be applied to any open source software. Since the Boost license is similar to the BSD style license, it is likely that an open source project would choose one of the more popular BSD or MIT style licenses.

Also, the Boost license does not require that source be available for distribution. That is a characteristic of GPL, LGPL and other copyleft licenses. The Boost license is an attribution license. See http://www.boost.org/users/license.html.

Robert Marion
http://www.palamida.com