Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Proto] Extracting types of sub-expression in transform
From: Joel Falcou (joel.falcou_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-19 03:28:35

Eric Niebler a écrit :
> (Way back when I started with expression templates, I thought that
> calling them an "embedded language" was just a cute metaphor, but much
> can be gained from taking the serious view that these really *are*
> languages, deserving of grammars, semantic actions, ... type systems,
> too. Once we fully embrace that view, there's decades worth of
> programming language theory we can leverage.)

You just have described parts of my research plans ;)
My current work try to get a way using ET and Concept in C++ to have a
condensed way to describe operationnal and/or denotanionnal semantic for
C++ DSEL. Guess I'll indeed have to swallow up this typing system rules
myself.

Ivan : Thanks for the references.

Joel Falcou - Assistant Professor
PARALL Team - LRI - Universite Paris Sud XI
Tel : (+33)1 69 15 66 35