Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Installation issue: cannot pass the last test in tutorial,
From: Minh Anh (anhminh132_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-22 08:32:30

<continue>

5. One more thing that might be useful. If I build in release, then the test is passed like it is supposed to do (read and return the subject of email).

And even in this case, checking with Dependency Walker also has a warning of missing "dwmapi.dll".

Thanks Steven,

A.M

Steven Watanabe <watanabesj_at_[hidden]> wrote: AMDG

Minh Anh wrote:
> but what did you mean by running from IDE? Because we need an argument
> in the command line, so from the VS2005, I launch tools/VS2005 Command
> Prompt, and then type the same command line as before? And it'll yield
> the same resultat.

You don't actually need to an argument to start the program.
It reads from the standard input.

I have no idea what is wrong so:
1) Are you linking to the static regex library or the dll?
  (compile with -DBOOST_LIB_DIAGNOSTIC)
2) Are any project settings different from the default?
3) Can you run hello world?

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe