Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Installation issue: cannot pass the last test in tutorial,
From: Minh Anh (anhminh132_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-22 12:27:44

The files msvcp/r80d.dll are both found in the folder

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\redist\Debug_NonRedist\x86\Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT

but "dwmapi.dll" cannot be found nowhere.

What's about the difference between release version (which works fine although still missing of dwmapi.dll), and debug version (which is not work, and indicates that 3 files are not found)?

A.M

Steven Watanabe <watanabesj_at_[hidden]> wrote: AMDG

Minh Anh wrote:
> 1. I'm really sorry for my ignorance, but could you please give me
> some instruction to do these tests? How do I compile with additional
> option with visual studio?

You can set compiler options in
Project->/project name/ properties->Configuration properties->C/C++.

> 4. Ah, yes. When I checked the file "example.exe" with Dependency
> Walker, I got 03 .dll missing: msvcp80d.dll, msvcr80d.dll, and
> dwmapi.dll. I really don't know what does that means, and how to fix
> this. But maybe you could tell me something from this?

This is the problem. I remember having problems with msvcp80d.dll and
friends
in the past. Do these files exist on your computer?

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe