Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Can not compile a program that uses typeof package by gcc?
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-22 17:28:35

AMDG

Peng Yu wrote:
> I'm confused. You agreed above that multiply_traits shall be defined
> in B::detail. Down below, you said that it's better not to put user
> defined code in B::detail, while multiply_traits corresponding to X1,
> X2,..., are user defined code.
>
> Then where do I need to put multiply_traits?

What I meant to say was that if library B contains a function
that needs to deduce the result type of a multiplication, then
it should put a typeof based multiply_traits in B::detail.

It doesn't matter what X1, X2, etc are because Boost.Typeof
handles the actual deduction.

If you have a different multiply_traits for every type, then
it is completely useless in generic code.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe