Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [multi_index] doing insert() within iteration over equal_range() result?
From: joaquin_at_[hidden]
Date: 2008-10-28 04:02:31

Prometheus Prometheus escribió:
> hmm, great and easy solution, thx!
> but just to get better knowledge of (boost) iterators
> 1. what distinguishes 2 iterators of the same type?
> to ask it differently: given are 2 multi_index objects storing the
same information
> 2. find() using the same search values will give me results on both
objects - can i
> store the iterators in a vector OR a std::set without a problem? or
will there be
> conflicts between the iterators, cause they are pointing to the same
datatype?

You can jointly store iterators to different containers, no problem with
that.
You only have to be careful not to mix them: for instance, if it1 was
obtained
from obj1, you can't use it1 with obj2.

> 3. is obj1.end()==obj2.end() true?

No. This comparison is only legal if obj1 is the same as obj2.
Otherwise, you
are not even guaranteed that the comparison is defined :( as far as my
understanding of the standard goes.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo