Subject: [Boost-users] auto_link.hpp
From: Ryan McConnehey (mccorywork_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-31 01:32:45

Currently, the auto_link.hpp helps users declare a library in their
header files. For example:

#define BOOST_LIB_NAME boostlibrary
#define BOOST_AUTO_LINK_NOMANGLE
#include <boost/config/auto_link.hpp>

The header file that declares this will search the library include path
for a boostlibrary.lib. This is great if all versions of one's
libraries have the same name. This would mean the libraries would need
to be separated into different folders. To be able to place all of the
versions of a library into the same folder, one would need to turn the
mangling off and search for the library. The header would then be as
follows:

#define BOOST_LIB_NAME boostlibrary
#include <boost/config/auto_link.hpp>

This means one would rely on how boost mangles the name of the library.
For the most part, I don't mind how this is done, however, I would like
to specify my own version number for the library. Is there a way to do
this or do I need to copy the entire file into my own directory and
replace BOOST_LIB_VERSION with another define for my library?

Ryan