Subject: Re: [Boost-users] auto_link.hpp
From: Ryan McConnehey (mccorywork_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-31 08:50:10

John Maddock wrote:
> Ryan McConnehey wrote:
>>> This means one would rely on how boost mangles the name of the
>>> library. For the most part, I don't mind how this is done, however,
>>> I would like to specify my own version number for the library. Is
>>> there a way to do this or do I need to copy the entire file into my
>>> own directory and replace BOOST_LIB_VERSION with another define for
>>> my library?
>
> How about setting BOOST_AUTO_LINK_NOMANGLE and then mangling the name
> passed to BOOST_LIB_NAME?
>
> For example:
>
> #define BOOST_LIB_NAME "mylibrary-" BOOST_STRINGIZE(MYVERSION_NUMBER)
> #include <boost/config/auto_link.hpp>
>
> HTH, John.
I also have different libraries bases on compile options
(multi-threading, static, etc). This is why I wanted to have boost
mangle the name but allow me to place my own version number. If I turn
mangling off and supply my own version number with the library name,
there is nothing that distinguishes a library name with given options
from another library with different options.

Ryan