Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [boost::pool] using many pools in the application
From: Roman Shmelev (rshmelev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-31 12:04:49

Boris! Thanks for reply!

I'm really not sure about the count. As for sizes - there will be
something near 50 different poolchunk sizes.
For example, using many pools in many threads will free me from
protecting the pool with locks, and this will optimize performance.
Another thing is comfort, for example destroying one pool will free
all the chunks allocated with it, so if I will have many "tables" (and
pools for each "table"), then it will be very handy and convenient to
destroy certain "tables" and free their memory.

Any suggestions?
I guess maybe there is some problem in the design of my program if I
need so many pools...