Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost:Bind//Boost:Function -- Need some help with a constructor trying to bind to a function
From: Alan M. Carroll (amc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-02 21:45:57

I would think the value in the constructor should be bind(&Alpha::MethodsInHere::doesSomething, mih, _1)

When you bind a non-static method, the first argument must be something with which you can call the method. That would not be eh. Of course, you have will have lifetime or copy issues with mih, but I presume you have arrangements for that and we're just seeing some simplified code.