Subject: [Boost-users] [program_options] Using multitokens
From: Ryan McConnehey (mccorywork_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-03 00:42:15

In the example documentation a multitoken is used for strings as follows:

("email",
boost::program_options::valuevalue<std::string>()->multitoken(), "email
to send to")

This means the command line can have the following option.

--email beadle_at_mars beadle2_at_mars

I'm trying to use the multitoken with an unsigned long as follows:

("sending,s", boost::program_options::value<unsigned
long>()->multitoken(), "Distination node address and port number to
transmit data.")

The command option I would like to use is:

-s 23 6543

When trying to do this the following error occurs.

Unhandled exception: in option 'sending': multiple values not allowed

How do I correctly define a multitoken and then how do I retrieve the
different values?

Ryan