Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Multiple compiler & platform support.
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-06 17:58:00

AMDG

Brian Nantz wrote:
> One of the things that drew me to use boost is that is supports so many compilers and platforms that can be mixed and matched. I am creating a library on top of boost and Arabica. I want this library I am creating to support all the compilers and platforms that boost does.

Not all Boost libraries support the same set of compilers.
You can get an idea of how well different compilers are actually
supported from
http://www.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/developer/summary.html

> What is the easiest way to do this?

At a minimum, you'll need to be able to test with any compiler that you
want to support.

> Do I have to duplicate much of the config and decl stuff?

That largely depends on what kind of code you are writing and thus how many
compiler bugs you have to deal with...

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe