Subject: Re: [Boost-users] iphone port
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-09 13:52:08

Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Gustavo Garcia Bernardo wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to build boost library to be used in the iphone?
>
> I believe so, but only Rene knows how for sure ;-)
>
> I presume one gets to use the 'darwin' toolset, pointing it at cross-compiler,
> and use target-os=iphone, but I'm not sure if one select SDK somehow, or
> what other tweaks are involved. Rene, if you could list the exact steps
> to build hello world for iphone, I can add that to the documentation.

1. Configure your toolset/sdk to create an iPhoneOS specific darwin
toolset version. You do this by adding something like this to your
user-config.jam or site-config.jam:

using darwin : 4.0.1~iphone
   :
/Developer/Xcode-3.1/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/g++
-arch arm
   : <striper>
   : <architecture>arm <target-os>iphone <macosx-version>iphone-2.0
   ;
using darwin : 4.0.1~iphonesim
   :
/Developer/Xcode-$(xcode)/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin/g++
   : <striper>
   : <architecture>x86 <target-os>iphone <macosx-version>iphonesim-2.0
   ;

Adjusting paths to where you installed the SDK of course.

2. Build by specifying the full variant to build that matches the setup.
For example:

   bjam toolset=darwin architecture=arm target-os=iphone
macosx-version=iphone-2.0

And for the simulator:

   bjam toolset=darwin architecture=x86 target-os=iphone
macosx-version=iphonesim-2.0

Note, I haven't made changes for the newer 2.1 or 2.2 versions so BBv2
doesn't recognize those version as options. I'll get to doing that soon,
though. Just been busy with console development :-\

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything