Subject: Re: [Boost-users] using boost with Visual Studio 2005
From: Daniel Krügler (dsp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-12 09:05:45

Natalie Happenhofer wrote:
> Thanks. I think I will have to look for another compiler. It is just
> that I need to link my C++ - program with a fortran program and with
> Visual C++ 5.0 and Compaq Visual Fortran this has worked once.

I only see two options:

1) Stay with your compiler but forget about boost (and probably about
many other useful C++ libraries which take advantage of templates in
more than simple ways).

2) Bite the bullet and try to adapt your VC 5 program to one of the
proposed compilers. I guess it is easier for you, if you try the
express edition of the Visual Studio compiler first, depending
on which parts of the VC 5 library you use. I'm quite sure that
there won't be any problems with linking your Fortran code with
this compiler.

Good luck,

Daniel