Subject: [Boost-users] BOOST_MPL_LIMIT_SET_SIZE
From: peter_foelsche_at_[hidden]
Date: 2008-11-13 18:58:17

I just run into the basic limitation of 20.

This has direct consequences on one of our products.

Currently the highest number I've seen is 31, but our customers are likely to create higher numbers.

(We generate C++ code in one of our products).

It would be ok to limit it to 50 -- which is what boost provides.

But what would it take to increase this limit?

The matching files in boost/mpl are kind of unreadable for the uninitiated.

Or is there a given limit for any compiler?

Anybody any clue?

Thanks

Peter

"The first point (using an init() function in preference to a constructor) is bogus. Using constructors and exception handling is a more general and systematic way of dealing with resource acquisition and initialization errors. This style is a relic of pre-exception C++." -- Stroustrup