Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Cross platform library for reading/writing configuration files?
From: Andreas Masur (amasur_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-15 14:22:55

On Nov 15, 2008, at 2:21 AM, Raymond Wan wrote:

> Andreas Masur wrote:
>> On Nov 14, 2008, at 2:21 PM, Jeff Dunlap wrote:
>>> I've used Windows specific functions for reading/writing
>>> configuration (INI)
>>> files in my application and would like to know if there is a cross
>>> platform
>>> library available that is recommended.

>>> [General]
>>> Language=Français
>>>
>>> [Strings]
>>> String00001=Version
>>> String00002=Etes vous sûr ?
>>> String00003=Voulez-vous continuer ?
>>
>> I am kind of curios why nobody mentioned it yet but isn't
>> 'Boost.Program_options' made for this....?
>>

> Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Boost.Program_options only
> handle the reading part and not the writing part? I don't know it
> that well, but can you modify options and save it to a file using
> Boost.Program_options?
>
> But yes, it can at least handle the reading part, which is already
> half the work. :-)

Actually you are correct I guess. I does not seem to be able to write
them....I mainly deal with XML files thus, I have not used it
much....thus, kind of assumed it would write as well....sorry.

Might be an option that could be added though....

Ciao, Andreas