Subject: [Boost-users] Problem compiling with CodeGear Borland 2007
From: Philip Ogunbona (ssyste10_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-17 09:18:24

Dear Boost users:
I have been successful in using boost under gcc 4.3. (running Linux
FC9). I wanted to try compiling under Windows environment - Borland
C++ 2007. A simple program using "boost/numerics/ublas/vector.hpp" will
not compile.

I got errors like:

[BCC32 Error] is_reference.hpp(46) E2135 Reference cannot be declared
'const' or 'volatile'

etc.

I have looked at the header file "is_reference.hpp" to see if I could
make something out of the line 46. It turns to be a "workaround" for
BORLAND compiler. There is a comment to the effect "theses are illegal
specializations: cv-qualifies applied to references have no effect
according to [8.3.2p1], C++ Builder requires them though it treats
cv-qualified reference as distinct types ..."

I would like to know if any has been successful in using Borland
compiler with boost library based codes.

Regards,

Philip Ogunbona