Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Cross platform library for reading/writing configuration files?
From: Kirit Sælensminde (kirit.saelensminde_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-18 07:48:39

Jeff Dunlap wrote:
> I've used Windows specific functions for reading/writing configuration (INI)
> files in my application and would like to know if there is a cross platform
> library available that is recommended.
>
> I searched the boost libs for something and there are libs of course that can
> achieve this with some programming, but I'd like to know if there is something
> (boost or other library) with specific functionality to handle reading/writing
> INI files. Example:
>
> [General]
> Language=Français
>
> [Strings]
> String00001=Version
> String00002=Etes vous sûr ?
> String00003=Voulez-vous continuer ?

We have a Windows/Linux library that handles at least the reading part
of this. It features a thread safe settings library that uses JSON for
the values so it is pretty flexible on what it does. There's also a JSON
parser and unparser.

The library currently assumes all files are UTF-8 though, not sure if
that will match what you have or not.

svn://svn.felspar.com/public/fost-base/stable

Username is 'guest' and the password is blank. It's Boost licensed.

Kirit