Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Regex] subexpressions
From: Roland Bock (rbock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-20 03:35:53

> I'll try static linking, but I guess it will not solve the problem: I'm
> 100% sure that the main application does not use boost.regex (I've
> checked with dependancy walker).

It still might be that you have two versions of boost on your system,
one being used at compile time, the other at runtime. In my experience,
many obscure errors result from something like that. If it is not boost,
check all other libraries you are using in your program.

Next step: Use some memory checking library (hope there is something
like that for windows...). Memory which is corrupted by the application
can also give extraordinary results.

If this still yields no findings, gradually remove all calls to the 3rd
party software or replace the function calls by calls to dummy
functions. Somewhere between the current state and that initial
commandline exe the regex behavior will return to normal. This will give
you a hint where to look closer or what/whom to ask in more detail.

Try to reproduce the problem with something you can publish. If you find
no way to reproduce the problem without the 3rd-party software, contact
the vendor.

Regards,

Roland