Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost.Statechart and Simulink
From: Andreas Huber (ahd6974-spamboostorgtrap_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-20 16:15:15

Hi Derek

> I was wondering if there were any known issues with compiling using
> Matlab's mex compiler (which in turn uses and links with gcc) and using
> Boost.Statechart.

No, unfortunately.

> When I implemented my statechart, I tested it using a
> separate main() file and it works 100%. When I compile using mex into a
> Matlab MEX file, I seem to lose the functionality of the event triggers.

This seems to hint in the direction that the internal RTTI mechanism is
failing. Have you tried to compile with BOOST_STATECHART_USE_NATIVE_RTTI
defined in all translation units
<http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_37_0/libs/statechart/doc/configuration.html#ApplicationDefinedMacros>?
Please let me know whether that changes anything. Thanks.

> I've tried several things to figure out what is happening, but all I can
> ascertain is that if I use the iterators state_begin() and state_end() to
> access all internal states, the loop never executes.

This however does not fit with my RTTI mechanism failure theory. Even if it
did fail, after calling initiate() the range [state_begin(), state_end())
should still not be empty.

Regards,

--
Andreas Huber
When replying by private email, please remove the words spam and trap from