Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [boost] [signals2][review] signals2 review results
From: Robert Jones (robertgbjones_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-21 04:06:06

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 6:40 AM, vicente.botet <vicente.botet_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> * I had notice only at the end of the the review that the review tokes
> place on two mailing lists (devel ans user). Maybe this is usaual on Boost
> reviews but I was not aware. It will be more transaparent if all the reviews
> were posted to the same mailing list, maybe a specific one should be
> created.

A specific maillist for reviews strikes me as an excellent idea. In Joels'
review
of his Phoenix 2.0 library there were some outstanding contributions from
people I don't see posting very often, but who apparently feel moved to do
important stuff like reviewing. These comments did much to give me some
historical context, and understanding of structure, alternatives and
implementation
decisions. These will inevitably be lost in the general background noise of
on going developments, and it would be nice to have a clear place for these
review comments.

- Rob.