Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost test with assert()
From: Hicham Mouline (hicham_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-21 15:23:11

Then it looks like I shouldn't catch the assert.

Let me present the situation clearer, and see if I can change
the underlying assert().

SimulationId simId = AddSimulation(...)

SimulationId is an object designed to "enforce", in very simple usages,
that whenever in a scope AddSimulation() is called,
a RemoveSimulation(simId) is also called.

RemoveSimulation clears a flag on simId, and simId destructor
asserts that the flag is cleared

And so the test looks like this:

void SimulationIdTest::TestDestructorAfterAddRemoveSimulation()
{
  SimulationId simId = AddSimulation(...);
  // I want to test here that the destructor asserts(false)
}

But this test is within a large test suite, and the asserts(false) should be
caught

Possibly, there is a nicer/cleaner way to test this?

Regards,