Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost.Test with a static library
From: Ken Smith (kgsmith_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-21 19:40:30

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 11:09 AM, Gennadiy Rozental <rogeeff_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Ken Smith wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 11:47 PM, Moritz Beber
>> <moritz.beber_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello everyone,
>>> after prying for any hints in the documentation and reading frustrating
>>> mails in the archives for a while now, I get the feeling that this is a
>>> very confusing topic.
>>> My aim is to use a static library of boost.test because I need to
>>> compile it a lot and the waiting time when using the header is just
>>> frustrating.
>>
>> I felt the same way until I switched to using the minimal test suite.
>
> I would be interested to know why.

The builds simply took much longer with
boost/test/included/unit_test.hpp and I wanted to do the least amount
of fiddling with my build to use this package. I'm sad to hear the
minimal test framework is not recommended as it was working just fine
for me so far. Basically, I wanted to figure out how to do the least
amount of work to implement unit testing so my colleages would push
back as little as possible when I recommended they use it. More
testing is better testing regardless of the mechanism.

   Ken