Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Maintenace Guidelines wiki page
From: Tomas Puverle (Tomas.Puverle_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-22 22:31:07

> I have started the Maintenace Guidelines wiki page.
>
> You can access it directly
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/Guidelines/MaintenanceGuidelines
>
> or via https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki
>
> Guidelines
> * Maintenance Guidelines
>
> There page need to be completed and surely reworked but this is an starting
> point.
>
> Please be free to improve the page directly or post your comments or
suggestions to this list.

> Hopping this goes on the right direction,

Vincente,

A few ideas: How will you evaluate that your proposal is actually successful
and being followed by the boost developers?
Also, check out Daniel Walker's idea in the Boost.Range thread on boost.devel
about not having the engineers in charge of their own QA.
Finally, please consider the idea of "core" and "new" release cycles, where the
components in "core" have much more stringent requirements on how and when they
are allowed to change.
Finally, do you think it may have been better to start this thread on
boost.devel?
Regards,

Tom