Subject: [Boost-users] Problem building Boost 1.37.0 on AIX using XL C/C++ v9.0.0.7
From: Scott P. Smith (Atlanta) (scott.smith_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-24 16:55:21

I have successfully built the bjam tool, however when I attempt to build boost I get the following errors:

"libs/math/build/../src/tr1/cbrt.cpp", line 11.39: 1540-0403 (S) "cbrt(double)" is already defined.
"libs/math/build/../src/tr1/copysign.cpp", line 13.39: 1540-0403 (S) "copysign(double, double)" is already defined.

It looks like the TR1 implementation that comes with xlC v9 is clashing with the implementation in boost. Is there a way to tell the bjam that the compiler supports TR1? I did not see such an option in the bjam help output.

Thanks,

Scott

This message may contain confidential information and is intended for specific recipients unless explicitly noted otherwise. If you have reason to believe you are not an intended recipient of this message, please delete it and notify the sender. This message may not represent the opinion of IntercontinentalExchange, Inc. (ICE), its subsidiaries or affiliates, and does not constitute a contract or guarantee. Unencrypted electronic mail is not secure and the recipient of this message is expected to provide safeguards from viruses and pursue alternate means of communication where privacy or a binding message is desired.