Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Regex] subexpressions
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-22 12:53:36

Carsten Witzel wrote:
>> I've checked with Microsofts TR1 implementation, and I get the same
>> wrong result, so the problem is not Boost, but the 3rd party
>> application.
>>
>>> From an older project, I remembered that the application's libs use
>> _HAS_ITERATOR_DEBUGGING=0 and _SECURE_SCL=0, but that wasn't enough.
>>
>> If anyone had an idea which #defines and #includes are _not_ allowed
>> for boost::regex (or std::tr1::regex), that would be great!

Anything is allowed, but... if you define something that changes the ABI of
Boost.Regex or the std lib then you *must* compile Boost.Regex with the same
options. _HAS_ITERATOR_DEBUGGING=0 and _SECURE_SCL=0 almost certainly come
into that category.

>> But you're right: as it's not a Boost-specific problem, I'll try to
>> get help from the application's vendor.

Hmm, if the msvc regex implementation produces the same result then that
suggests that either:

* The regular expression is somehow changed in the application.
* The string being matched isn't what you think it is in the application.
* There could just possibly be some issue with the locale being changed in
the application - but I can't recall what the regular expression was now to
know if there's anything that might be locale sensitive.

HTH, John.