Subject: Re: [Boost-users] About boost.mpi and boost 1.35
From: John Phillips (phillips_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-28 15:08:56

Sofia Aparicio Secanellas wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I want to install boost.mpi on my ubuntu. Using the synaptic I have
> installed boost 1.35, boost-build and bjam to follow the instructions of
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_37_0/doc/html/mpi/getting_started.html#mpi.config
> They say that I should run "bjam --with-mpi" in the top-level boost
> directory, but it is not clear for me where is this directory. I try to
> run this command in every directory where it was something about boost
> but it didnot work.
> /usr/include
> /usr/share/boost-build
> /usr/share/boost-build/tools
>
> The error message that I obtain is:
> error: no Jamfile in current directory found
>
> I have tried to do the same in another computer and in this case I have
> installed manually boost 1.37 and here it is working.
>
> Do you know what is the problem? boost 1.35 supports boost.mpi? Do I
> need to download boost manually?
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Sofia Aparicio

   Sofia,

   There are problems in some of the package managed boost installs
where they have decided to strip out some of the Jamfiles. This does not
interfere with installation using the manager, but it wrecks things for
bjam. Try installing from a fresh 1.37 download and see if everything
works for you.

                        John