Subject: [Boost-users] LNK2019 with boost::thread_group [!]
From: Joseph A. Marks (josephamarks_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-01 12:59:17

Here is what I'm trying to do:

boost::thread_group threadGroup;

     for( ; port_min <= port_max; ++port_min )
      {
         threadGroup.add_thread(new boost::thread(boost::bind(CCUThread, port_min, strategy)));
      }

I am getting the following error:

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl boost::assertion_failed(char const *,char const *,char const *,long)" (?assertion_failed_at_boost@@YAXPBD00J_at_Z)
..\bin\ccu_simulator.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

Is this Boost-related?

I found one posting that was somewhat similar on the web, but the user found an error elsewhere, and it shed no light on the situation.

I am also getting several other LNK1120 errors that may be related to Boost.

I am converting working VS 6.0 (and occasionally 2005) code to VS 2008; this has caused this link error to appear.

I also have changed Boost from v. 1.31 to 1.36; whether this affects the above linker errors I do not know.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last time I posted about a linking error, I received no replies at all, so if someone knows something, please reply.

Thanks Again!

(-:

Sincerely,
Joseph