Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [review][constrained_value] Review of Constrained Value Library begins today
From: Jens Weller (JensWeller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-04 11:56:24

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 17:37:46 +0100
> Von: Mathias Gaunard <mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden]>
> An: boost-users_at_[hidden]
> CC: boost_at_[hidden]
> Betreff: Re: [Boost-users] [review][constrained_value] Review of Constrained Value Library begins today

> Mika Heiskanen wrote:
>
> > If the value must be checked beforehand, why bother using a constrained
> > type at all?
>
> Because it performs checking in debug mode to make sure the invariant is
> indeed true.

Not always is this enough. Especially when you get input from datasources (DB, Sensors, Cameras) you can not always be sure, it fits your needs. I think this all should be handled with an error policy, as there a lot of usecases, which differ from their needs for errorchecking and handling widely.

regards

Jens Weller