Subject: [Boost-users] logfile write/poll mechanism
From: Thijs Koerselman (thijskoerselman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-07 08:54:05

Hi,

This might not be a Boost question. I'm not sure.

I have 2 independent applications. One is writing information to a log file
somewhere, the other contains a console window. What I would like to do is
poll the log file from the application with the console window, and write
any new lines (since last poll) to the window.

It's seems like a fairly trivial thing to implement, but I don't have a lot
of experience dealing with files, and I suspect there are already facilities
to do such a thing.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Cheers,
Thijs