Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost on windows cmd prompt
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-08 11:53:21

praveen Buddhi wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to use boost for my application and builds using
>> command prompt on windows.
>> I am using VC8.0
>>
>> 1) when I invoke build for the my code..i see the following error
>> messages. Any clue??

You shouldn't see any of those errors from VC8.

Looks like either:

* Your Boost source tree is corrupted, or
* You're not really using VC8 in spite of what you may think.
* You're using an old/outdated version of Boost.
* You have more than one Boost version in your compilers include paths.

Or something else I haven't thought of :-)

Whatever, I suggest you do a clean unpack of a recent Boost release, check
that your compilers include path has one Boost version in it only, and then
try again.

HTH, John.