Subject: [Boost-users] boost asio async_read_some
From: Chris Freehill (cfreehill_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-08 14:01:23

Hmm...it's still not working for me. To the code I posted before, I
added the call

   ioService.run();

in the doConnect() routine, after the loop where the connect is done.
I get the same behavior: after the async_read_some() is called, I can
see the the buffer is updated (so it read what was there), but my
handler was never called.

I'm sure there's a simpler explanation for my problem, but, FWIW,
looking at the stack for the async_read_some call, I see the call to
WSARecv(). I don't have much experience with that routine, but I did
notice that the last argument(LPWSAOVERLAPPED_COMPLETION_ROUTINE) was
hardcoded to 0. This may be correct, but at first glance it seems like
that should be a handler to my handler routine.

--