Subject: [Boost-users] socket reconnection
From: boost001 (oldyoungguy88_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-09 14:59:35

I have an ASIO socket server. I need to close the socket and then listen to
the socket again if client disconnected from server.

When the server was started, the socket and acceptor are initialized like
this:
asio_socketPtr = new tcp::socket(asio_service);
asio_acceptorPtr = new tcp::acceptor(asio_service, tcp::endpoint(protocol,
m_iPort));

in the process closing the socket, I did the following in order:

asio_acceptorPtr->close(error_closing);
asio_socketPtr->shutdown(tcp::socket::shutdown_both, error_closing);
asio_socketPtr->close(error_closing);

in the process reopen the socket, I did the following in order:

asio_socketPtr->open(protocol, error_connecting);
asio_acceptorPtr->open(protocol, error_connecting);

but I always got error. the error code is 1. It means Operation not
permitted. Did I miss something? Do I need to delete above socketPtr and
acceptorPtr and create new one each time?

thanks,