Subject: Re: [Boost-users] linking error while using Boost-regex and Stlport in the same project
From: Ashish Lahane (ashish.lahane_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-15 02:11:01

Steven Watanabe-4 wrote:

> AMDG
>
> What exactly did you try? The correct command is
>
> bjam stdlib=stlport ...

I'm working on linux with gcc.
Initially I installed Boost with normal settings with gcc.make file, from
/app/home/alahane1/boost_1_37_0/libs/regex/build

which gave those linking errors. Then I tried

 bjam -sTOOLS=gcc-stlport --toolset=gcc -sstdlib=stlport --with-regex
--build-type=complete -a stage

with proper include and lib paths given in file 'user-config.jam' as
follows:

# Copyright 2003, 2005 Douglas Gregor
# Copyright 2004 John Maddock
# Copyright 2002, 2003, 2004, 2007 Vladimir Prus
# Distributed under the Boost Software License, Version 1.0.
# (See accompanying file LICENSE_1_0.txt or
http://www.boost.org/LICENSE_1_0.txt)

# This file is used to configure your Boost.Build installation. You can
modify
# this file in place, or you can place it in a permanent location so that it
# does not get overwritten should you get a new version of Boost.Build. See:
#
#
http://boost.org/boost-build2/doc/html/bbv2/reference.html#bbv2.reference.init
#
# for documentation about possible permanent locations.

# This file specifies which toolsets (C++ compilers), libraries, and other
# tools are available. Often, you should be able to just uncomment existing
# example lines and adjust them to taste. The complete list of supported
tools,
# and configuration instructions can be found at:
#
# http://boost.org/boost-build2/doc/html/bbv2/reference/tools.html
#

# This file uses Jam language syntax to describe available tools. Mostly,
# there are 'using' lines, that contain the name of the used tools, and
# parameters to pass to those tools -- where paremeters are separated by
# semicolons. Important syntax notes:
#
# - Both ':' and ';' must be separated from other tokens by whitespace
# - The '\' symbol is a quote character, so when specifying Windows paths
you
# should use '/' or '\\' instead.
#
# More details about the syntax can be found at:
#
#
http://boost.org/boost-build2/doc/html/bbv2/advanced.html#bbv2.advanced.jam_language
#

# ------------------
# GCC configuration.
# ------------------

# Configure gcc (default version).
using gcc ;

# Configure specific gcc version, giving alternative name to use.
# using gcc : 3.2 : g++-3.2 ;

# -------------------
# MSVC configuration.
# -------------------

# Configure msvc (default version, searched for in standard locations and
PATH).
# using msvc ;

# Configure specific msvc version (searched for in standard locations and
PATH).
# using msvc : 8.0 ;

# ----------------------
# Borland configuration.
# ----------------------
# using borland ;

# ----------------------
# STLPort configuration.
# ----------------------

# Configure specifying location of STLPort headers. Libraries must be
either
# not needed or available to the compiler by default.
# using stlport : : /usr/include/stlport ;

# Configure specifying location of both headers and libraries explicitly.
using stlport : : /app/home/kpendyal/STLport-5.1.5/stlport
/app/home/kpendyal/STLport-5.1.5/lib ;

# QT configuration.

# Configure assuming QTDIR gives the installation prefix.
# using qt ;

# Configure with an explicit installation prefix.
# using qt : /usr/opt/qt ;