Subject: Re: [Boost-users] linking error while using Boost-regex and Stlport inthe same project
From: Ashish Lahane (ashish.lahane_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-15 05:44:28

John Maddock wrote:

> Well... since you've used the makefile already, try something like:
>
> export CXXFLAGS=-Ipath-to-stlport-include
> export LDFLAGS=STLPort-link-options
> make -B

Tried, still not working. Same errors. I couldn't get the library with name
libboost_regex-gcc42-mt-p-1_37.a or libboost_regex-gcc42-mt-p-1_37.so
Notice the '-p' in it. Is it that these libraries mean Boost compiled with
STLPORT? Is it
what I will need to link my project code with?

John Maddock wrote:

> They alter STLPort and add additional debugging support - refer to the
> STLPort docs for more info.

I checked debug options, I think I have debug options off in both, in
STLPORT as well as in BOOST, as
I've not explicitly made those options on.

Just to remind, whenever I use regex-boost alone for some toy example, it
doesn't give any errors.
I'm also using Xerces, ACE, XQUILLA, XALAN, XSD libraries in the same
project. May some of these be the cause of this trouble?