Subject: Re: [Boost-users] building regex with icu
From: OvermindDL1 (overminddl1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-15 19:13:26

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 4:46 PM, Chris Hoeppler <hoeppler_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Monday 15 December 2008, Sean Farrow wrote:
>> Hi: what aditional command line switches/parameters do I need to add to
>> bjam to build regex with icu?
>> Chers
>> Sean.
>
> Doesn't this help:
>
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_37_0/libs/regex/doc/html/boost_regex/install.html

Also, do note. If you are using an ICU version 3.0 or newer (which is
quite old by now), then, at least on Windows (not sure about other
platforms) the libraries ICU built are slightly different names from
what Boost expects for some reason (the Boost build scripts really
need to be fixed). If you hit this bug, then just copy and rename the
appropriate libraries; it should be obvious which library it is asking
for based on the name (usually just making a copy of some of them and
adding an 18 or 18n or so usually fixed it fine). If this is not
going to be fixed in the boost build scripts, at the very least a note
needs to be made in the documentation. As stated though, it may only
be a Windows issue, I have not checked on my Ubuntu box yet.