Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Large buffers in boost::asio SSL
From: Scott Gifford (sgifford_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-16 23:01:46

"Patrick Loney" <Patrick.Loney_at_[hidden]> writes:

>>The server is always waiting for data from
>>the clients with an async_read_until
>
> Can't you re-engineer the system to wait for an incoming connection with
> boost::asio::ip::tcp::acceptor. AFAIK that way you should only need the
> incoming buffers when a connection is active (there being no connection
> the rest of the time).

Hi Patrick,

I'm using a boost::asio::ip::tcp::acceptor now to accept the
connections. The problem is once the connections are accepted and I
start waiting for data on them, several large buffers are allocated
for each connection.

I was hoping somebody might have a suggestion for working around this,
or could let me know if they can think of any problems with making the
various buffers smaller.

Thanks!

----Scott.