Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost::interprocess, shared memory and multi-core
From: Andreas Masur (amasur_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-18 08:37:03

On Dec 17, 2008, at 10:09 AM, QuitePlace wrote:

> Another look at this question is - should one program the inter-
> process/inter-
> thread communication first and worry about multi-core later? Or
> something
> should be planned at the development stage?

As with other areas such as exception handling etc., I would advise
you to take multi-core technology into account at design time.
Programing efficiently for more than one core is certainly not as easy
as making cookies and thus if you don't plan up front you are likely
to lose efficiency later on. Especially in your example about
interprocess/interthread communications.

Ciao, Andreas