Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [C++] Boost::Regex beginner question
From: Alan M. Carroll (amc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-19 20:36:13

I don't know if I can help you with that. A few things to consider

1) Why do you use boost::regex but regex_replace? I would try boost::regex_replace and see if that makes a difference.
2) The boost::regex_replace function is not in the boost/regex.hpp header, it's in another file (regex_replace.hpp) in a subdirectory which is included by regex.hpp. I would verify that you have a header with that function in it.
3) You could try downloading the Boost library and see if the code compiles. Regex requires a library but if does compile you know your current headers are broken in some way.
4) I would see what happens if you don't include windows.h. Every time I have included that and any STL/Boost headers I have had problems, so I no longer use windows.h in any real source file, only in simple glue logic ones. windows.h is an almost perfect storm of incompatibility and bad practice.