Subject: [Boost-users] Graph-Based Threaded Algorithms
From: James C. Sutherland (James.Sutherland_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-23 09:55:27

I am looking for some guidance from some of the graph and thread
experts out there.

I have a graph that I want to execute a breadth-first search (BFS)
on. When each node is visited, it spawns a thread to execute some
work. I must not execute a child node before the parent execution is
completed, but I also want to maximize concurrency. In other words, I
don't want to "serialize" the BFS to force proper execution ordering.

Are there any ideas of how to accomplish this efficiently?

James

---
James C. Sutherland
Assistant Professor, Chemical Engineering
The University of Utah
50 S. Central Campus Dr, 3290 MEB
Salt Lake City, UT 84112-9203
(801) 585-1246